Wednesday, August 09, 2017 ~
The NCBA has 6 mechanical 2/3 frame extractors available for members of the NCBA. The use of this equipment is a benefit of membership and is available to any member who is up-to-date on their membership.(i.e.dues paid)
* Please be mindful that there may be others wanting to borrow these extractors so don’t keep them for too long.
* Please handle equipment carefully and report any mechanical problems immediatel
* Please return extractor thoroughly cleaned - see cleaning instructions below.
* Please contact one of the following to borrow an extractor:
How to Clean Extractor
* Do NOT disassemble the extractor to clean it.
* Do NOT use strong cleaning detergents as any residue will contaminate the honey.
You must bring the extractor back CLEAN for the next person to use. To clean it:
a. First hose off thoroughly with COLD water to remove all honey, wax and propolis.
b. Then wash with hot water and soap ( liquid soap such as Dawn), and rinse.
c. Finally use a 3% bleach solution to sterilize all surfaces (1/2 cup bleach + 1 gallon water).
d. Drain thoroughly and let stand to dry. Bleach will dissipate when dried and aired out.
Enjoy your harvest!